8-25-26

 Dorey Park

Each dog had a 3 turn track with an article on each turn. Dog was to stay for food, petting, & praise until released to get back to the track. I think we all did a little better than yesterday. Seren had #1, Dylan #2. Both aged 90 minutes.

I am noting that Dylan tracks with his head higher than Seren & is more easily visually distracted. Also tends to look, rather than smell, for article when he gets close. Probably has always been this way & I am just now perceiving it. Need to give him more ‘hidden’ articles.


Seren   https://youtu.be/l2QOsEMQC2U?feature=shared

Dylan   https://youtu.be/5Df2_5i1kEU?feature=shared

Comments

  1. Seren: so much better! Please make sure you’re asking her to pull a bit at the start and after articles—it feels like you’re just stepping out (you may not be). Now that you’re teaching her to pull, ask her to assert herself a bit anytime she has to restart or the direction of the track changes.
    So much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dylan: ok, he does pull, so please make him! I had no idea what the direction of the first leg was (from the start) until he pulled in to take you to a food drop! Same after the first turn—he didn’t really show you the track until about 2’43”. Give the control over to him! Your handling after metal article was spot on—he committed, dug in, and you followed. Perfect! Around 4’50” he starts wobbling….and you keep going. Perfect time to add tension and move up the line. He lost the scent right after that, and I think in this case, following right away was the right thing to do, and your line tension was nice.

      In general, I think you need to tighten him up a bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

11-30-24

11-23-15